Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jenny Owen Youngs


Jenny Owen Youngs is an American singer-songwriter whose debut album has been rolling around my head for the last couple of weeks. Her debut album Batten The Hatches was released in 2005 without causing much of a stir. Luckily for Jenny though, it contained Fuck Was I; one of those songs that just has to go big eventually, and make her big with it. August this year it was used on prime-time American television show Weeds and touring with Regina Spektor can't have done her too much harm.

In fact Jenny and Regina are friends with Regina featuring via answer machine on the track Voice on tape, the opening few lines of which have refused to let me go the last few days:

All the evidence points in one direction,
Says I don't need you physically around,
I've got your voice on tape,
I've got your words in me,
I don't want anything else.


With this more recent success her debut is being re-released (on a label) in early 2007 (which is why I'll leave out a buy link for the album... as until 2007 it isn't available to buy!).

Buy:
Official Shop

Listen:
Fuck Was I (via Official Site)

Links:
jennyowenyoungs.com
Myspace