Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Radiohead - Videotape


Videotape was quite possibly my favourite of all the new Radiohead songs exhibited on the band's last tour. Being there on it's debut night will always give it a place in my heart. Thom performed the song on Nigel Godrich's new, download only, television show. Anyway here's the performance (watch out it is likely to be removed from youtube at any moment).



The lyrics for this song were perfect before, but it looks like Thom felt the need for a little fiddling. Of course he was spot on, the new line is superb (new line in bold).

When I'm at the pearly gates
This'll be on my videotape
My videotape

When Mephistopheles is just beneath
And he's reaching up to grab me

This is one for the good days
And I have it all here
In red blue green
Red blue green

You are my centre when I spin away
Out of control on videotape
On videotape

This is my way of saying goodbye
Because I can't do it face to face
Or talking to you after it's too late, from my videotape

No matter what happens now
I won't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.


Links:
fromthebasement.tv
radiohead.com